The Sustainable Business Network is hiring!
Our network is quickly growing, so please apply promptly! Send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
Job Title: Local Food Program Manager
Reports to: Laury Hammel, SBN Executive Director
Location: 99 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge, MA 02139
Overview: The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) (www.sbnmass,org) is seeking a Program Manager to lead SBN’s Local Food Program. This is a multifaceted position with a focus on but not limited to SBN’s Local Food program. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker, self-starter and motivated professional with a passion for sustainability, entrepreneurial and experience in the following core areas: local food and buy local efforts in Massachusetts and New England, program development, event planning, and the willingness and ability to promote, sell, and enroll people and organizations for our various programs, e.g. tickets, vendors, sponsorships, etc. Successful candidates will be resourceful self-starters and team players that thrive in dynamic and fast-paced work environments with multiple priorities, and enjoy taking on new challenges. Experience working at a non-profit is preferred.
About SBN: Launched in 1988 the Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to build economies that are local, green, and fair. With over 1000 locally owned and independent businesses and individuals participating in SBN’s projects and programs, SBN is the leading organization for sustainable business in the state. SBN currently organizes and leads the following statewide programs: the Sustainable Business/Community Leader Program (SBLP & SCLP), the Local Food Program, Local First Networks, Local Green Guide, and the SBN Leadership Exchange.
As Local Food Program Manager, your responsibilities include:
• Serve as liaison for SBN external Local Food stakeholders, as well as program consultants and team members
• Build and maintain relationships with partners and businesses in the food sector
• Manage and developing SBN’s Boston Local Food Program
• Represent SBN on local food related local, state and regional partner committees
• Raise visibility of SBN’s local food advocacy initiatives
• Increase connections among SBN local food partners
• Co-lead the partners local food committee
• Maintain SBN as leader in local food continues as it continues to evolve in serving its business members and partners
• Lead the operations planning and implementation of established SBN events: Boston Local Food Festival, Local Food Trade Show, B2B events, Workshops, Speed Trading and Other events
• Implement program evaluation, fundraising strategies, budget management and develop program reports
• Support SBN’s other programs and daily operations
• College Degree
• Knowledge of food system, sectors, networks, and initiatives in Massachusetts and New England
• Professional experience in event planning or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated skill in relationship building
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Highly collaborative team player who demonstrates a positive attitude and sense of humor.
• Quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker and self-starter who can work independently and organize many competing priorities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends
• Proficient using all basic Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), basic knowledge of Google Drive, software such as Formstack, Constant Contact, Mailchimp or similar
• Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software preferred
• Grant writing experience is a plus!
Salary: $38,000-$40,000. Salary is complemented by a benefits package which includes health care reimbursement and paid vacation time.
Position open until filled. Please submit application materials as soon as possible.
Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. SBN is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. SBN prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all under represented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.