The Sustainable Business Network is hiring!
Our network is quickly growing, so please apply promptly! Send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
Program & Membership Coordinator Job Description
Reports to: Laury Hammel, SBN Executive Director
Location: 99 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge, MA 02139
Launched in 1988 the Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to build economies that are local, green, and fair. With over 1000 locally owned and independent businesses and individuals participating in SBN’s projects and programs, SBN remains the leading organization of sustainable business in the state.
SBN currently organizes and leads the following programs: the Sustainable Business/Community Leader Program (SBLP/SCLP), the Boston Local Food Program, Local First Networks, and the SBN Leadership Exchange.
The SBN Program and Membership Coordinator will be hired from October 1, 2017-December 31, 2017. There will be a performance review done by December 15. The Membership and Program Coordinator will work 40 hours per week as a part of a team of professionals who will collaborate and work closely with you to help you accomplish the following specific and general responsibilities:
• Coordinate and lead efforts by SBN staff, Board, and members to increase the number of SBN member by improving sales and marketing, growing the value proposition, and connecting with and meeting the needs of current members.
• New member identification, recruitment and engagement
• Retention of existing members
• Updating and maintaining membership database in Salesforce
• Sending welcome letters to new and renewing members
• New and renewing member meetings
• Compiling membership reports for newsletter and board reports
• Updating and maintaining membership section on SBN website
Programs and Other Responsibilities:
• Support and help lead the Annual SBN Winter Gala and the SBN MA Sustainable Business of the Year Award with the two co-chairs–Amy Klein and Kelly Ho.
• Represent SBN at internal and external conferences and events
• As appropriate and as needed participate in planning and do what is needed at SBN events like B2Bs, AllLocal Dinners, BrewFests, Advisory Council, etc.
• Work with SBN interns when appropriate
• Help find tenants for the vacant space at the SBN Office when space becomes available
• Help prepare reports for SBN Board Meetings
• College degree required
• Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in selling and relationship building
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Selling, promoting, and marketing ability and experience
• Strong organizational skills, strategic thinker, innovator, self starter
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• High level of professionalism and strong attention to detail required
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends
• Strong work ethic and a passion for SBN’s mission
• Comfortable using all basic Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Basic knowledge of Membership software like Salesforce or similar
Salary and Benefits:
• Hourly Rate TBD
• Two weeks paid vacation time, three personal days, and six paid holidays
• Health care reimbursement benefits provided