The Sustainable Business Network is currently hiring for fall interns. Our network is quickly growing, so please apply now, as internships start in September. For program specific employment opportunities, please refer to each programs designated website:
Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: Intern to help manage and expand its various marketing and communication efforts, including but not limited to:
- Aiding in the development and implementation of a traditional media outreach strategies, including e-mails, press releases, newsletters, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Contributing and helping to maintain SBN’s social media networks and discussion platforms
- Assisting in graphic design, event invitations, event planning, poster design and mass print and media marketing
- Experience with video production, video editing and/or digital media is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Photoshop is a plus!
- Strong writing and communications skills are essential.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, who can work indepently and take on multiple projects at once
- SBLP and SBN blog content; Performing outreach to industry experts for blog content
Fundraising and Business Development
Description: Intern will assist with fundraising and business development activities, including:
- Identifying and reaching out to various funding sources, such as sponsorships and donations
- Assist in grant writing
- Assist in program planning and event logistics
- May need to prepare surveys or analyze outputs
- Seek and recruit potential prospects
Interested in Volunteering with SBN or one of its programs?
The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) and its programs are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers and interns to help support the development and delivery of its programming and events. Opportunities range from single day event support to long-term internships.
SBN is a great place to gain hands on experience, knowledge and skills and network with leaders and peers in the movement to build strong local, green and fair economies. Opportunities vary and can accommodate a wide range of schedules and interests.
If you are interested in exploring a volunteer/internship experience with SBN or one of its programs please send your CV and cover letter explaining your qualifications and specific interests to: Taryn Johnson, Marketing and Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.