The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is an organization of locally owned and independent businesses, non-profit organizations, community leaders, and individuals committed to changing the way the world does business.
If you are passionate about building a local economy that is green and fair, SBN is the community for you! As a member of SBN you will:
- Get Connected
- Be a part of Greater Boston’s most dynamic and influential network of social entrepreneurs and community leaders
- Grow your business or career through deep networking, peer support, and technical assistance
- Participate in SBN’s pioneering programs: Sustainable Business Leader Program, Boston Local Food, SBN Leadership Exchange and Local First Networks
- Take part in SBN’s unique, fun and educational events: SBN On Tour, , ALLocal Dinners, annual holiday party at WBUR and more (members receive reduced registration fees)!
- Connect with the broader New England and national movement to build strong local, green, and fair economies. *SBN is a member of the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE), is proudly affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance (AMEBA) and supports the New England Local Business Forum
- Get Promoted
- Promote your company through SBN’s various marketing and public relations opportunities including the online Local Green Guide (to be launched fall 2011), social media networks, newsletters, and events
- Receive unrestricted use of SBN’s Membership logo for your website, promotional materials, etc.
- Take part in SBN’s special promotional opportunities, including SBN’s annual holiday auction, and get recognized for your contribution!
- Get Empowered
- Receive hands on technical assistance and support to make sustainable changes to your business, organization, or community
- Stay up to date on the latest sustainability trends, practices, and resources
- Share your ideas and receive feedback and advice from fellow members on challenging business or career questions
- Join SBN and its passionate and committed membership to encourage the development of local, green, and fair economies and communities! As Margaret Mead famously said: “Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.”
What can I expect as a member of SBN and how do I get involved?
As a member of the Sustainable Business Network you will immediately receive a free listing in our new Local Green Guide (fall 2011) which will include your business name, logo, website link, address and phone number. You will also be added to our mailing list so that you will begin receiving SBN Newsletters highlighting program happenings, upcoming event information and invitations, and other sustainability related news. If you have any suggestions regarding additional member services and benefits that you would like us to consider, please e-mail your suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best way to maximize the benefits of your SBN membership is to get involved in our wide variety of programs and events. These provide excellent opportunities for you to learn from what others are doing, share your own knowledge, network and develop relationships, get support on business challenges, and have fun!