‘Healthy Local Food for All’
SBN’s Boston Local Food Program strives to create a vibrant local food system, ensuring accessibility of healthy food for people of all demographics and economic backgrounds while supporting the growth of local food producers, farmers and entrepreneurs.
SBN is one of ten Massachusetts Buy Local Groups who are committed to the idea that knowing where your food comes from makes both good health and economic sense. Buy Local Group efforts have helped generate consumer awareness and demand for locally grown food products while improving access to these important food sources.
Seven Initiatives of SBN’s Boston Local Food program:
- Produce the premier Boston Local Food Festival
- Encourage local restaurants to include local food
- Support the growth and development of local food incubator kitchens
- Promote food production in urban areas
- Increase retail and distribution of local food
- Map the local food system
- Initiate the Eastern MASS Local Food Network
To learn more, visit our website at bostonlocalfood.com!